Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fast Dash Phonology

The other day, I found this great game called Wild Planet Hyper Dash at Goodwill for $4!  There is a video which will explain it way better than I ever could!  There is also a newer version available, but I prefer this version.   Here's a quick picture I snapped of the game, though the numbers would be way more spread out! 




So, inspired by this activity, I created a speech therapy version!! You DO NOT need the game to do this activity! (I do provide an option for you if you do own it, though).


Spread out five or six circles (target words) of different colors. 


Students will listen as the SLP calls out different colors. The student will pick up those colors in order as fast as they can. Students collect their dots and repeat the words back the number of times the SLP indicates. 

SLP can time students if they want. It can also be done as a relay or in teams for more participation. 

If you have the Hyper Dash game: Put the cards on top of the disks (or under or next to). Students will listen as the Hyper Dash Unit calls out which color. When the student pushes that color, they collect the card. Once that round is over, the student says his/her words. 


I will be working on more packets like this, so keep your eye out for them!!   If you would like to see this activity target a specific goal, please comment below with the idea!

You can find this packet in my TpT store


1 comment :

Pin It button on image hover