Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Decision Time for Fluency

I am always searching for fun fluency activities for my clients. I have my go-to resources, but my clients get bored and like to mix things up.  I was so thrilled to see a fun, Choose-Your-Own-Adventure style activity just for fluency from Activity Tailor!





This book is written at a Grade 3.5 level and it has content appropriate for grades 2 through 6. I love that it's appropriate for multiple grade levels.  It allows for easy planning for multiple groups or for a single group with multiple grade levels in it.

What I like to do is have my clients read the book out loud, practicing their fluency strategies. When they come to a decision point, we stop and talk about the decision.  We talk about the pros and cons for each decision. This is a great way to work on some language skills such as compare/contrast, opinion giving, building on another person's statements, and maintaining conversation, to name a few!

There are some stuttering facts embedded in each of these stories. This is a great way to not only have the clients practice their strategies but also learn more about stuttering in general. When I write goals, I always include one for them to become more aware of stuttering and information about it. What a great way to practice that!

love that there are options for boys and girls.  It just makes it a little more personal for my clients.  



My students are having so much fun. This style is just perfect for them!  They love a little sense of adventure!  I would love to see more products just like this one.

If you think your students would enjoy this as well, check it out here on Teachers Pay Teachers!

What are some of your favorite products for fluency? 

Note: A copy of the resource was provided for my review. No other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are mine.

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover