Set up a profile for each child, using a picture or a fun emoji. Select the sounds for each child.
On his/her turn, the child will say the target word the number of times indicated by the stars. The child will say the word slowly and pause in between. The stars will turn yellow for each repetition. Once he/she says the word the given number of times, one of the objects hiding the picture will be removed. Before you move on to the next word, you must track data using the X and the checkmark.
On each turn, the child has the opportunity to guess what the hidden picture is. Type it in and hit "Done" to guess. If you select "Hint," it will give you a little more information about the word each turn. Some of the pictures are difficult to guess, so your clients/students might need moderate to maximum cueing from you.
When you guess the picture correctly or you have removed all of the objects hiding the picture, you will see this screen to celebrate.
Watch this video to see the app in action:
What I Like About This App:
- The app tracks data. It also tracks it visually on the screen to give immediate feedback to the children.
- There is a hint button to help figure out what the hidden picture is.
- The hidden photos are real photographs instead of cartoons/drawings.
- The target words are accompanied by a real photograph as well.
- This app allows for a lot of repetitions. My clients have been getting 200-300 repetitions per session easily.
- This app can be used in groups of up to 6 children.
- My clients love the hidden picture format. It's an engaging way to drill and practice their target sounds.
- The app uses voice recognition software, which is different than any other app I've seen.
- "This is awesome."
- "It is fun. I can't believe I practiced that many words."
- "Can we play that again?"
Overall, What's the Pic? Artic is a fun, engaging app to help children practice their target sounds. It utilizes voice recognition software to track when a child says each word. Children enjoy trying to guess the hidden picture while drilling their speech words. The app can be used in a group or individual format. Real photographs are utilized, and feedback on correct productions is provided visually and immediately with SLP input.
If you are interested in purchasing this app, you can find it in the App Store for $4.99. Here's an affiliate link for your convenience:
|What's The Pic? Artic|
Luke at Home Speech Home has provided me with TWO extra codes to giveaway to lucky readers! Enter below for your chance to win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway