Wednesday, October 12, 2016

CEU Course from Hanen Centre: Boosting Bilingual Environments for Young Children

I don't work with very many bilingual children, but recently I did get a referral for one.  Fortunately for me, he was bilingual in Spanish, which was my second major in college.  My graduate program also offered a multicultural course, but I felt like I was just getting the basics.  So as soon as I got the bilingual client, I started looking around for resources.  Thankfully, The Hanen Centre just released a brand new e-course called Boosting Bilingual Environments for Young Children!


I have loved listening to the latest research on the topic. The strategies presented are extremely practical, and I can put them into practice tomorrow.  Another thing I love about the course is the number of case studies presented and talking through how to approach it.  The speaker was very easy to listen to and was knowledgeable about the topic.

Another thing I love about The Hanen Centre e-courses is that they're easy to fit into a busy schedule.  The course was 2 hours long, so it was super easy to complete from my couch or kitchen table.  I spend a decent amount of time at both ;)

Summary:
Boosting Bilingual Environments for Young Children is a great introductory course that discusses the latest research with bilingual children, provides strategies for SLPs and to give to parents, and how to support parent questions with the latest research.  It is a great place to start for SLPs beginning to work with bilingual children.

The Hanen Centre has generously given Home Sweet Speech Room readers 40% off of this course, if you're interested!  Enter the code SWEETSPEECH40 at checkout!

Note: A code to view the course was provided in exchange for my review. No other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are mine. 

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover