Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Muffin Tin Activity (Preschool)

DONE with one of my midterms!!!!!!!!!!!  Wooohoo!!  Thanks for your patience and understanding.  One more to go.  

Last night, I posted this picture and asked if anyone had any guess as to what we were doing today.


One guess I got was making crayons. While that would be fun, that's not really feasible for my clinic setting. Good guess though!!

We played a simple game dealing with basic concepts.  You place cards with letters, shapes, or colors on them in.  We had our students throw a ball very GENTLY into the muffin tins.  They had to state whatever color/shape/letter it landed in.  This is perfect for our kiddos because SO many of them have goals targeting basic concepts! 


Note: These can be made bigger so they fill the whole tin! 

On another note, my supervisor taught me a cool trick today that I thought I would share with all of you!! 


We're working on s-blends.  So the child will trace the snake (letter /s/) and then put their fist down for the consonant (and rest of the word).  For example, one of the words was "spill."  So trace for "ssssssssss" and then pound fist for "pill."  Make sense??  My student was cracking up the whole time!

What did you do in therapy today? 

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for the fun therapy idea and tip. I think I'm going to use this activity with my articulation
    group this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover