Every semester, I give my supervisors a small gift as a token of my appreciation for what they have done for me that semester. They don't get paid to take me on. I'd like to think I'm not a burden, but they still didn't HAVE to agree to take me on. Yet, they did. Here are some ideas I've done and more that I would love to do.
Please note: We are not allowed to give gift cards/anything to do with money. It has to be an actual gift.
1. Jewelry- We had a supervisor whose son was about to deploy. We found out about these Soldier to Soldier bracelets and decided to buy her one. She loved it! I like this kind of jewelry because it has meaning, and it was made by soldiers!
2. An iPad Case- This goes without saying, but our iPads can get beat up on if we're not careful. Supervisors would love a new case! Here's mine and it is super boring. The one we got my supervisor was a nice Vera Bradley one!
3. A planner- One of my supervisors was very picky about a planner, and I knew she was going to need one within the month for the new year. I happened to see one at the store, so I picked it up for her!
4. I don't have a picture of it, but we had one of those pictures of letters that spell out words made with the word FAITH on it. It had a double meaning- 1. She was very strong in her Christian faith and 2. She had a lot of faith in her students!
For Graduate Students: These could also work for supervisors.
1. A TpT gift card- It amazes me how many students (and SLPs) don't know about TpT! It has been such a great resource for me!
2. An iTunes gift card-- Another great option since my generation LOVES our technology!
3. Coffee/Tea/Some form of Caffeine- either do a Starbucks giftcard (or other coffee shop) or buy some K-cups if they have a Keurig! Your student will thank you forever. By the way, a Keurig itself is a great gift option to give to your families, if you're a grad student and don't have one already!
4. Customized Tumblers- I absolutely love these tumblers from 2MBowtique! I bought them for my supervisors this semester. She will even personalize them for you!
5. Badge Reels- There are several options for these. The one pictured below is from Badge Blooms. There are also really cute ones from TheQuarterInchShop.
6. Anything from Dean Trout's Little Shop of SLP!! Love all of her stuff :)