Monday, June 30, 2014

Thrifty Finds {linky party}

This weekend, Jenna at Speech Room News posted a new linky party.  As soon as I heard that she was doing a linky party with thrifty finds, I knew I wanted to participate.  As a new grad, I have a whole speech room to set up.  With that comes a lot of expenses, so I've been doing a lot of thrift store shopping.  Here's what I have found recently for my room.


1. Don't Break the Ice-  This game was a staple growing up, and I know it will be a great game for my speech room.  I also know that there are specific cards to go with this game from my friend Lauren over at Busy Bee Speech.   I look forward to playing it with my students!

2.  Whac-A-Mole-  Every since Jenna posted about her use of this game in therapy, I've wanted it.  It just sounds like so much fun! I've used similar games on my iPad, but I think having it in physical form will be even more fun.



3. BOOKS-  I thought I was going to have to spend hundreds of dollars on books for my speech room.   Instead, I have found that friends are willing to donate or that you can find books for a lower price at thrift stores.



Head on over to Jenna's blog to see all of the posts!

What are some of your favorite thrifty finds? 

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover