Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Update on Second Semester Goals

In January, I posted my goals for the second semester of the school year.  You can read about them here.  I promised that I would update you on how we did, so keep reading to find out.

Achieved:
My students took ownership of their data and were able to interpret it for me or anyone who walked in the room.  They were able to tell me that their goal was at least 80% (where the black line on the chart was) and how they were doing comparatively.

I planned interdisciplinary lessons. This was actually part of my evaluation, so I had to do it in order to pass.  I really saw my students benefit from it, though.  I incorporated lessons about the holidays, science, and social studies.

I mapped out my IEP schedule for the rest of the semester. 

I tried really hard to not take work home.  I worked really hard to use my plan times efficiently and start IEPs several weeks out to avoid working on them at home. 

Some of my students' scores went up on their district assessments.  We are still waiting on scores for the state assessments.

All of my students made some form of progress on their goals!

Work in Progress:
I did rely less on using games and focused on drill some.  My students were not as motivated at all and sometimes really didn't like me for making them "do work" instead of "play."  It is definitely something I am still working on and will carry into next school year. 

I read up on hypernasality some, but I need to do more.  It is on my summer to-do list, along with stuttering. 

I am drinking more water than I used to, but I know I can do better.  Having a water bottle at my desk helps.

I was doing really well on the going to the gym 3x/week until March.  I got a little off track, but I am happy to say I am back at it.

I was not able to bring myself to read for fun during the school year (my eyes felt tired), but I am happy to report that I have already read 6 books this summer!  


So there you have it!  How did you do on your goals for the year? 

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover