Thursday, August 6, 2015

Rhyming {app review}

Happy Thursday!

On Tuesday, I showed you an app called WH questions.  Today, I have another app for you to check out called Rhyming Words.  It is also by Teach Speech Apps.  Phonological Awareness is a skill that classroom teachers address, but I like to work on it as well.  I'm always looking new ways to target this skill, and this app does just that!  Let's check it out.



There are four activities in this app:

1. Do these two rhyme?

The student is presented with a question and two pictures. They will click on "yes" or "no" based on if the words pictured rhyme. 

2. Word families drag and drop

The student will be given three words and three pictures.  They drag the word to the picture of the word.

3. Find the picture that rhymes with the word

The student is given a word and two pictures.  He/she must select which picture rhymes with that word.


4. Identify the rhyming pair from 6 pictures

The student is presented with six pictures.  They must select the two that rhyme.

Overall, I like this app.  It's simple and easy to use.  I like that there are four activities for the students to complete.  I love that it is Common Core aligned.  I really like that this app uses real photographs, as it helps my students make real world connections.  This is a great tool for one-on-one therapy or center time!  This app is fairly inexpensive, making it a good option for SLPs on a budget (like me!).

In a future update, I would love to see an option for multi-player use.  As it is right now, only one player can use it at a time for accurate data collection.

If you are interested in this app, you can find it in the App Store for $2.99 at the time of this review.

Note: A copy of the app was provided for my review.  No other compensation was received.  All opinions expressed are mine.

  
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover