Monday, October 14, 2013

Dollar Store Dash {Linky Party}

Teach Speech 365 came up with a GREAT idea of going to the dollar store, spending $5, and coming up with therapy activities with them.  You can find the first post and everyone who linked up here.



These are the items I picked up:

1. Soap Dish
2. Pumpkin Face Stickers
3. Reading Comprehension
4. Who Will Haunt My House on Halloween? book



Here are my plans for these items:

1. Put items in the soap dish and have the students shake, smell, or whatever they need to do to guess what is in it.  When it's their turn, they open it and either use the word in a sentence, repeat their words, etc. Have fun with it and they will too!

2. Pumpkin Face Sticker- I am still debating what I should do with these. One option is to put them on the pumpkins and talk about facial expressions.  Another option is to actually put them on popsicle sticks!

3. Read the book, ask questions, possibly do an activity from TpT or a craft with it!

4. Use the reading comprehension book with my adult clients.  I'll read them a short paragraph and ask them follow up questions!

What are your favorite dollar store finds for therapy??

post signature

1 comment :

  1. Jealous of those reading comprehension books!! I haven't seen those at my Dollar Tree! Thanks for joining the linking fun!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover